Current & Transfer BFA Candidates
Applicants are expected to have a minimum GPA of 3.0 in all dance and dance-related coursework, a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5, and demonstrate adequate progress towards completion of the University General Education course requirements.
Students who do not meet these academic standards may be admitted provisionally and are expected to meet the BFA continuation requirements by the end of the second term after admission or will be subject to dismissal from the program. Students may apply to the BFA program twice; however, a student who has applied and been denied may be reconsidered for BFA admission and invited by the faculty if the student's academic record, class work, and production work show substantive improvement. It is not possible for students to complete this degree program if they are beyond the fall of their junior year, unless they plan on additional semesters.
Required Information prior to Auditions:
Current and transfer students need to email Daniel Stark the following prior to auditions.
- A resume, no longer than two pages, with all dance experience beginning with your junior year in high school. List in chronological order beginning with the most recent.
- A 150-word, word-processed essay telling us why you want to pursue a BFA in Dance.
Auditions are required as part of the application process. Candidates will need to prepare the following for auditions.
- Participate in a 90-minute audition class
- Prepare a solo piece to perform (1-minute in length)
- Participate in an interview with the Dance faculty