TESOL GC Program Requirements
- Students whose first language is English must have a minimum of two consecutive years of high school foreign language study or one year of college-level foreign language study or an equivalent. This requirement may be met in residence, but courses taken to fulfill it will not count toward the certificate.
- Students whose first language is not English must have a minimum TOEFL score of iBT 80 or IELTS 6.5 to be admitted to the program.
- 18-19 credits for non-licensure track
- 24 credits for licensure-preparation track
- Please note that transcripts of applicants pursuing K-12 ESL licensure will be evaluated by the College of Education to determine if current professional education requirements have been met. Additional coursework may be required.