TESOL MA Program Requirements
- Students whose first language is English must have a minimum of two consecutive years of high school foreign language study or one year of college-level foreign language study or an equivalent. This requirement may be met in residence, but courses taken to fulfill it will not count toward the degree.
- Students whose first language is not English must have a minimum TOEFL score of iBT 80 or IELTS 6.5 to be admitted to the program.
- Oral Defense Option: Requires students to conduct a primary research project and to give an oral presentation at an organized conference.
- Thesis Option: Requires students to write an extensive research manuscript that contributes new knowledge to the field. To pursue a thesis, students must have faculty approval.
- 34-35 credits for students complete Oral Defense capstone
- 33 credits for students completing Thesis capstone