Lee Tesdell, Ph.D.
Professor | Technical Communication
- Ph.D. from Iowa State University
- M.A. from Iowa State University
- M.A. from University of Wisconsin, Madison
- B.A. from Southwest Minnesota State College
Tesdell began his teaching career in 1977 in Amman, Jordan. Later, after working in industry as a technical writer in Iowa, he joined the English Department faculty at Minnesota State University, Mankato where he teaches courses in technical communication including English 271, 477/577, and 467/567. On his Century Farm in Iowa he works to implement numerous conservation practices.
Recent Publications & Presentations:
- Worley, W. & L. Tesdell, Instructor Time and Effort in Online and Face-to-Face Teaching; Lessons Learned in IEEE Transactions on Professional Communication, 52 (2), June 2009, 138-151.
- Tesdell, L. Innovation in the Distributed Technical Communication Classroom, chapter in Online Education 2.0, Eds. Cargile Cook, K. and K. Grant-Davie. 2013, 257-270.
- Parks, S. & L. Tesdell, Meaningful Conversations: Accountability and Responsible Agriculture, Presentation at the annual conference of the Association of Teachers of Technical Writing (ATTW), March 2019, Pittsburgh, PA.