Interdisciplinary Studies (BS)
Create your own degree through Interdisciplinary Studies!
The Interdisciplinary Studies degree is designed to give students an opportunity to create their own programs and earn an undergraduate degree.
Students seeking the Interdisciplinary Studies degree will select three academic areas in which to concentrate their work with the help of the Interdisciplinary Studies coordinator. The coordinator and student will create a plan of study that will guide the student’s academic progress.
Requirements when pursuing a degree in Interdisciplinary Studies:
- Earn a “C” or better in their major classes. No pass/no credit (P/NC) credits will apply to courses in the major unless specific courses are offered only on a P/NC basis.
- Complete the University's general-education program.
- Complete at least 40 upper-division semester credits.
- Complete a minimum of 15 semester credits of study in each of the three selected academic areas of concentration.
- Complete IDST496 Interdisciplinary Studies Capstone Course. The student will work with the Interdisciplinary Studies Coordinator to select either coursework or an internship.
Major Common Core
Major Restricted Electives
Discipline One - Choose 15 Credit(s).
Discipline Two - Choose 15 Credit(s).
Discipline Three - Choose 15 Credit(s).