Music Studio or Scholarship Audition Information
Currently enrolled students are expected to audition for acceptance into a private lesson studio or a scholarship on an individual basis by prior arrangement with the Department of Music Office. We primarily accept video auditions, but also will schedule on campus auditions on the dates below.
- Vocal Auditions: Prepare an art song appropriate for contest and an additional selection of your choice (pop or musical theatre). An accompanist will be provided. (If you are unsure of appropriate repertory, consult your choir director).
- Instrumental Auditions: Prepare two contrasting sections of a solo, solos, or etudes. (Consult your band or orchestra director if you are unsure of appropriate repertory).
- Piano Studies Auditions: Prepare three memorized contrasting works from different historical periods. Please bring a list of repertoire studied and performed during the last two years to your audition. For more information, contact David Viscoli.
- Graduate Piano Auditions: Complete the following steps on the MM Piano Performance Page.
Below are the audition dates for students who would like to audition in person for the 2020-2021 academic year. The dates are typically utilized for Talent Grant Candidate Auditions.
- Monday, February 17, 2020
- Friday, February 21, 2020
- Monday, February 24, 2020
If you have any questions related to the audition process, please contact Michael Thursby.