Music Scholarships & Audition Information
Currently enrolled students are expected to audition for acceptance into a private lesson studio or a scholarship on an individual basis by prior arrangement with the Department of Music Office.
Students who are interested in a music scholarship or talent grant need to complete a two-step process.
- Complete the audition form and video submission by April 1st to be considered for the following academic year.
- Vocal Auditions: Prepare an art song appropriate for contest and an additional selection of your choice (pop or musical theatre). An accompanist will be provided. (If you are unsure of appropriate repertory, consult your choir director).
- Instrumental Auditions: Prepare two contrasting sections of a solo, solos, or etudes. (Consult your band or orchestra director if you are unsure of appropriate repertory).
- Piano Studies Auditions: Prepare three memorized contrasting works from different historical periods. Please bring a list of repertoire studied and performed during the last two years to your audition. For more information, contact David Viscoli.
- Graduate Piano Auditions: Complete the following steps on the Master of Music, Specialization in Piano Performance page.
- Complete the scholarship application on Scholarship Finder. Please note, scholarship applications for currently enrolled students are open for the month of February every year.
We are discussing options for on-campus auditions for the 2021-2022 academic year. The dates are typically utilized for Talent Grant Candidate Auditions.
- Music Talent Grants
- Andrew and Betty Een Music Scholarship
- Department of Music Scholarship
- Department of Music Scholarship - Music Industry
- Edward and Damis Epple Scholarship
- Herbert E. Owen Scholarship
- Raymond H. and Florence L. Sponberg Music Scholarship
- Shirley Grundmeier Music Scholarship
- William A. Payne Memorial Music Scholarship
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.